We come closer to the Brexit deadline of 31st of October, but unfortunately uncertainty continues and so far nothing has been achieved to avoid a no deal Brexit.
We inform you that preparing for no deal Brexit is currently most important.
After booking a load we require, one day before loading, following information of the load, which we will use for ferry booking and possible intervention in export documents:
1. EORI number of exporter and importer
2. invoice and packing list with full details on:
Exporters and Importers, incl EORI and VAT numbers
Number of colli
Description of colli and product
Gross and nett weight per product
Product Commoditiy Codes (HS codes) per product https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff
Country of origin
INCO terms https://iccwbo.org/resources-for-business/incoterms-rules/incoterms-rules-2010/
On exports to UK the Port of Rotterdam has a system called Portbase. In this system all export documents must be uploaded. When this is done the connection will be made with the ferry booking made by ERC, where after we will only get access to the ferry terminals to ship our trailer and your cargo to UK.
On arrival in UK goods must be customs cleared.
It is important that UK importers will prepare.
1. Importers should have an EORI number (Economic Operator Registration and Identification).
2. Importers should register for Transitional Simplified Procedures (TSP). After recognizing the EORI in the EU database, which can take up to 10 days, importers should get the Transitional Simplified Procedures (TSP) approval. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-for-simplified-import-procedures-if-the-uk-leaves-the-eu-without-a-deal3.
3. Importers should appoint a customs agent who can act on their behalf and can arrange import clearances according to TSP.UK Exporters can use this customs agent to prepare export declarations in case of exports to mainland EU.If exports from UK will arrive in the Netherlands, import clearance should be arranged. Details of import document must be mentioned in Portbase and linked to import ferry booking, where after the trailer will be released from the terminal.
Our teams in Barendrecht and Felixstowe will be pleased to answer any further questions.